December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

17 July 2012

Tug Boat, RR Bridge to Zug Island, and the Freighter Sarah Spencer

Tug Boat, RR Bridge to Zug Island, and the Freighter Sarah Spencer
Oil on linen, 2012, 30x60"

This  painting is an industrial view of the RR Bridge to Zug Island, freighter Sarah Spencer, a tug boat and barges in the cut on the Rouge river in late evening light.
It will be in a show at The Art Gallery of the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts.


 I am working on new paintings for this show so the small paintings
 have been put on the back burner.

Addie Langford & Stephen Magsig
August 13 – October 3, 2012
Reception: August 23, 5-8 pm           

#1626A

2 comments:

Fred Johnson said...

I glanced at this yesterday during a break at work. One of the guys commented that he thought it was a photo. But his real wonder was what went through the pipe bridge.
My first thought was of a ship on the Mississippi at Peoria that had come loose from its moorings as I was crossing the gangway. I recalled the tug that was “Johnny on the Spot” that held the ship in place while the spud bars on the mooring barge were reset. This mornings glance is of the way you master the light in this painting. Reminds me of “Pioneer Sugar”.

Painting Contractor said...

I recalled the tug that was “Johnny on the Spot” that held the ship in place while the spud bars on the mooring barge were reset.