03 December 2011

Sneak peek













Sneak Peek of Neon "a"
Reduction Print
Oil based ink on paper, 2011, 9x9"
This is an image of the reduction print after the fourth color was printed. I will be printing four to six more colors to complete the print. I will post another image when I get a few more colors printed.
Final print will be available from my store. I am really having fun with this, it is very challenging to figure it out before you start as you can not go back.
Click on image for larger view.
#1451A


5 comments:

HKP said...

Wow, that's looking pretty cool just as it is. Is it a linoleum cut?

Jeff Oxley said...

Wow, This is cool.. Great color.

Postcards from Detroit said...

Thanks Jeff and James, it is a reduction lino cut, made from one block, cut and print, cut more and print, again and again until you are done.

Jeff Chapman said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the whole thing. I agree with you that reduction cuts are great fun ... but they require a totally different mindset than oil painting. You have to see the final product in your brain before you even begin.

Great stuff!

Karen Appleton said...

LOVE, wow, this seems very difficult!