23 September 2011

Lewis Artist Supply

 
















Lewis Artist Supply
Oil on linen/panel, 2011, 7x5"
SOLD
Today's  daily oil painting is a view of the long closed Lewis Artist Supply store on Woodward Ave in Detroit's New Center area. This is where I bought art supplies in the mid 70's when I worked across the street from the Fisher Building in an art studio on Lothrop Rd
I have been having trouble loading images to this blog and Ebay the last couple days, very frustrating.
Click on image for larger view.
#1383

2 comments:

Fred Johnson said...

As always Stephen you always give that extra. I really appreciate seeing where you paint. You brightened my day after reading your comment. Whenever one of your small paintings arrives I just love the smell of the fresh paint. It’s what I thought of after reading your comment.

Sandra Dziedziula said...

I just waited for the bus across from Lewis Artist Supply and a few of us were talking about how cool it would be to live above it. All those buildings are empty, except for the hardware store. LOVE YOUR PAINTING!