19 April 2011


Detroit Blues
Oil on linen/panel, 2011, 7x5"
SOLD
To a collector in Plymouth, MA
Today's oil painting is an urban landscape of a great little hamburger stand at Dakota and Woodward. I have painted this one before but this will be the last. I always had a smile when I passed by this little gem, but it was recently demolished. A sad fate, I wish someone could have saved it. Will be interesting to see if the lot stays vacant or if it is used for another building.
Click on image for larger view.
#1240

1 comment:

Stevie Denny said...

Stephen, I love your work, and I like that fact that you document the life of a city that's undergoing much change. It is sad to see so many familiar buildings in any city that are demolished -- it'l like losing a bit of history. Your work helps to keep that history alive.