STEPHEN MAGSIG at David Klein Gallery

STEPHEN MAGSIG at David Klein Gallery
at David Klein Gallery

22 December 2010

View of a rooftop













 






 View of a rooftop
Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 5x5"
SOLD
To a collector in Rancho Santa Fe, CA
This daily painting is an urban landscape of a view of a snow covered water tank  and rooftop. This is a view you see as you are driving into and leaving Detroit. I  painted  a similar larger view in the mid eighties when I first stared painting Detroit scenes. This scene still inspires me today.

Click on image for larger view.
#1131

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve-

I appreciate many things about your paintings. One aspect I like is the perspective you often choose. They are dramatic and uncommon; behind the sign, from across a snow covered street, underneath a bridge...

I see the tired Detroit landscape I've seen a thousand times before fresh through your eyes.

Thanks.

Keith Binkowski (Tom and Peggy's son)

Pierre Raby said...

Wonderful composition Stephen.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!