December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

06 August 2010

1,000!

1,000....Daily Paintings
Thank you to all my dear collectors and friends who have helped me reach this milestone. 
1,000 panels, many brushes and tubes of paint, and many wonderful hours spent in the studio.
It is not every day you get to paint the 1,000th daily painting, I thought it would be just another day in the studio, another painting....well I felt as nervous as A-Rod going for 600 hits. In the end I finished two paintings of my favorite subjects, but I really see them as one, enjoy!

River Rouge 1,000 A
Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 7"x5"
SOLD
To a collector in Sylvan Lake, MI
This daily painting is an industrial landscape of the River Rouge plant. The image was shot more than 25 years ago, perfect for today's milestone, enjoy.
Click on image for larger view.

Fisher Bldg Nocturne- 1,000 B
Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 7"x5"
SOLD
To a collector in Sylvan Lake, MI
This daily painting is a nocturne of the beautiful Fisher Building. Another iconic image  perfect for today's milestone, enjoy.
Click on image for larger view.
#1000

10 comments:

David Teter said...

Congratulations on 1000(and 1000½)!
I love the deep colors in both with the blue and orange
accents.
Does that mean I'm the 1000th commenter?

Jim said...

Way to go!

Bill Sharp said...

Congratulations, Stephen. They're both beauties.

Steven said...

Awesome! Way tah go! Hope you get to paint 1,000 more. Really enjoyed seeing them via RSS. :)

Kristen said...

Wow! You've really outdone yourself. I love them both.

Victoria Webb said...

Congrats Stephen! The light on the Fisher building is wonderful - reminds me a little of Whistler.

Fred Johnson said...

Stephen,

Not just another day in the studio these two paintings are right out of the park. Your small paintings give us joy, lift our sprits, and give us a bright note to look forward to each day. I anxiously await your next milestone of one thousand one.

Fred

Alvin Richard said...

What an achievement! This is the definition of being commited to your craft, perseverence and excellence! Congrates Stephen

Postcards from Detroit said...

Thank you all, one of the things I like the most about blogging is all the wonderful friends you make along the way. Where else can you share with dear friends from Germany to Australia and all parts of the United States, so cool.

Patrick said...

Few people paint a thousand pictures, and those that do, only do it once. Somehow you've managed to do it twice! Congratulations.