December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

07 July 2010

First Light, Hamilton St


First Light, Hamilton St
 Abandoned, Portraits of Detroit#85
Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 5"x7"
SOLD
To a collector in Oakland, CA
This daily painting is a building on Hamilton Street with early Sunday morning light. This and others in this area are slated to be demolished. I am happy I am able to visually record many of these structures in paintings before they are gone.  Please check out a stripped down daily photo blog I stared on Detroit at Photos from Detroit
Click on image for larger view.
#970

4 comments:

Janice said...

I am so sorry for this building but your painting has captured it beautifully in it's last days...

Pierre Raby said...

Wonderful little scene with great colors, something magical radiates from it.

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Janice, it is sad that so many of these are going down.

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Pierre, I couldn't wait to paint this one. Sometimes you know when you shoot, it's a painting waiting to happen.