December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

08 June 2010

The Green Door


The Green Door
Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 5"x5"
SOLD
to a collector in New York, NY
Today's painting is an urban landscape with sunlight and shadows on an industrial building with a green wall and door. I really liked the abstract quality of this composition with the strong contrasts of light and dark, and the horizontal and vertical division of space.
Click on image for larger view.
#966

3 comments:

Kristen said...

"The Green Door" looks like something from my home town. A little forgotten, but holding on to times past.

Sheila Vaughan said...

Love it Stephen - makes me want to get back to my quiet Stalybridge paintings which I have been neglecting. The abstract qualities in your work are becoming more evident, yet I love that hold on "reality" (whatever that means).

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Kristen.

Sheila, I always like the ones with the strong shapes and contrasts. I really like the risks you have been taking for quite some time. You are really pushing yourself which takes a lot of courage. Also I really liked the self portrait you did a few days ago.