Bridge to Belle Isle III
Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 7"x5"
SOLDTo a collector in Royal Oak, Mi
This daily painting is of the beautiful Belle Isle Bridge. It was renamed The MacArthur Bridge in 1942 . It was completed in 1923 and it replaced a mostly wooden bridge that accidentally caught fire and was destroyed in 1915. The bridge has nineteen of these beautiful arches and it's total length is 2,193 feet.