25 May 2010

Mi Central XIII


Mi Central XIII
 Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 7x5"
SOLD
to a collector in Royal Oak, MI
Today's daily painting is an urban landscape of the abandoned Michigan Central train Station on Michigan Ave in Detroit.We spent a very nice evening with good friends in the garden of a friend's house  a few blocks from the train station, so I had to take a break and get some shots of this wonderful building. 
We had just seen the new Bansky film Exit Through The Gift Shop  
If you get a chance it is a very interesting film on making, selling, and the hyping of art in it's many facets.

Click on image for larger view.
#955

2 comments:

steve strode said...

Hi Stephen, I really like the new site, never really thought about you not having one as there's so much on the blog. Looking at your work has inspired me to paint my own city of Liverpool for a year from May to May, or, 'May I Start, May I Finish'. All the best, Steve.

Stephen Magsig said...

Hi Steve,
Thank you very much for your encouragement. Good luck with your project.Best regard, Stephen