December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

10 May 2010

Dequindre Cut VI


Dequindre Cut VI
Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 5"x7"

Available $125
Today's daily painting is an urban landscape of a bridge over the old section of the Dequindre Cut, a below grade rail-bed in Detroit. Part of this has been converted into a greenspace with a walking and bike path.
Click on image for larger view.
#943

3 comments:

Janice said...

This is a terrific painting! I love when you paint viaducts Stephen. They remind me so much of the ones we had in Illinois. Loving it :)

A.Decker said...

I'm very taken with overpass imagery. Great angles, great sense of space, great light and shadows; you got it all in this one!

Doug Holder said...

Engrossing, not just geometry, a painterly gem. It draws my attention from one spot to another. An example is the less weathered concrete in the upper left corner that counterbalances that captivating grass in lower right. And you never give up on the values. Very interesting.