December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

21 May 2010

Citylights #57


  Citylights #57
 Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 5"x5"
SOLD
to a collector in Plymouth, MI
Today's daily painting is the fifty-seventh in the Citylights series of abstract city light views of Detroit. With the auto in the foreground this one isn't quite as abstract as some are.
Click on image for larger view.

Morton Salt
 Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 16"x20"
This is the last painting for my solo show at the David Klein Gallery
opening tomorrow, Saturday May 22nd 5-8 pm. 
If you are in the area please stop in and say hi.

#951

4 comments:

A.Decker said...

Wish I could see your show. "Morton Salt" is beautiful!

The "City Lights" series: I mostly scroll past those because, while I do recognize the beautiful color they tend to display, they also tend to look blurry, out of focus, and my eyes feel bothered by trying to find something to focus on. It's a physical sensation that urges me to look away. Not so with this one. Even though the car is not in clear focus either, still its presence gives my eyes a place to zero in and feel some perspective, and the blurry lights then seem to be in place. This one feels good to my eyes so I'm able to gaze upon it, drink it in. My favorite of these that I've seen.

steve strode said...

Great Paintings Stephen, good luck with the new show.

Stephen Magsig said...

A Decker, These paintings really look awesome from about ten feet away, they really have to be seen to enjoy. Glad you like this one.

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Steve,
It's real scary going into a show in these times. Never know what to expect.