STEPHEN MAGSIG at David Klein Gallery

STEPHEN MAGSIG at David Klein Gallery
at David Klein Gallery

27 April 2010

Midtown View


Midtown View
Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 5"x5"
SOLD
To a collector in Bavaria, Germany
Today's daily painting is an urban landscape of Midtown buildings with clouds behind. What interested me in this view was the contrast of the rich dark foreground against the very light sky. I also liked the very close values in the buildings making them work as one unit.
Click on image for larger view.
#932

3 comments:

Janice said...

Stephen another of your wonderful paintings of old buildings. I too love the old architecture of buildings and I am saddened at how many of these beautiful old buildings have been abandoned and left to ruin. Your paintings have preserved many of them~~~

Walter Helena said...

Love the urban landscapes; great simplicity and atmosphere. Thank you for sharing!

If you’d like, please stop by my blog for a chance to win a fine art photographic giclee print...by me :)

Sheila Vaughan said...

I like the close values too Stephen - they add a rich dimension which goes deep. Your work lately seems to be getting more abstract in a fascinating way.