December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

11 March 2010

Brush Park Shadows V

Brush Park Shadows V  
Abandoned, Portraits of Detroit #73

Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 5"x5"

SOLD
To a collector in Bloomfield Hills, MI
Today's daily painting is an almost abstract urban landscape of an abandoned  house 
in Brush Park. I was really interested in the abstract shapes and color created by the strong sunlight and shadows on the different surfaces of the building.
Click on image for larger view.
#889

2 comments:

billspaintingmn said...

This painting is organized abstraction! I understand it, yet I am seeing it differently.
It almost looks like a ghost in the window waving hello..
The colors and contrasts conferm
the obvious, your love of Urban
landscape painting.

scott paterson said...

This is one of my favorites. You've really caught and celebrated the light as expressed in such rich color.
And what a great composition.