22 February 2010

Sarah Spencer Laid-up in Rouge River

Sarah Spencer Laid-up in Rouge River
 Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 7"x5"

SOLD
to a collector in Ann Arbor, MI
Today's daily painting is a winter landscape of the freighter Sarah Spencer laid-up in the Rouge River. I was surprised to see a set of footprints where I shot this photo. I figured it was another Detroit photographer. When I looked up Sarah Spencer I found this video shot from the same location. Small World out there. This ship has been laid-up more than 2 years at this location. According to Great Lakes Ships, 30 lakers did not sail this last year.
Click on image for larger view.
#876

6 comments:

Jesus Estevez said...

nice

Régis Pettinari said...

Beautiful and rich structure in such a small size ..

Bruce Giffin said...

Could have been my footprints!

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Jesus and Regis.

Stephen Magsig said...

Bruce, you know all the great spots!

m collier said...

Nice one !!