December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

26 February 2010

Delray Blues

Delray Blues Oil on linen/panel, 2010, 5"x7"
SOLD
to a collector in Detroit
Today's daily painting is down the street from yesterday's corner building. It is on W. Jefferson Ave. I was interested in all the various shades and values of blue. Can anyone guess what my favorite color to paint is?
Click on image for larger view.
#880

9 comments:

Lorena said...

Ah, Picasso's blue period and then there is Stephen's blue period! Do the graffiti artists know that you leave the graffitti in? Philosophically that gets very interesting- multiple disseminations of messages through mediums,achieving another level of immortality- the writer/philosopher in me really takes interest in this

cohen labelle said...

There is an aliveness and freshness in your use of blue that breathes, that makes the other colors sing as well

Gary Keimig said...

It really works. Great use of the color.

billspaintingmn said...

I thought so! I enjoy the way you
paint with blue.
The sky blue is wonderful!
Your shade blue is cool!

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Lorena, I like Stephen's blue period, wonder what will be next. I don't think the graffiti artist now what I'm doing.

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Cohen, it is nice of you to comment

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Cohen, it is nice of you to comment

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Bill, Sometimes I wonder if my skies are to colorful.

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Gary, coming from big sky country you know blues.