December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

03 January 2010

Woodward Ave Rooftop


Woodward Ave Rooftop
Available
oil on linen/panel, 2009, 7x5"
Today's painting is a view looking up from Woodward Ave. in Highland Park. I like the way the warm bricks and copper roof work against the deep cobalt January sky. This is one of my wife's favorite buildings along Woodward Ave. The whole building  was vacated this winter, I think it was with the landlord not paying the utilities and they were shut off. Such a shame.

Click on image for larger view.
#826

2 comments:

billspaintingmn said...

Your use of color is amazing. This
painting is tight. The sky, what a great job Stephen! Wow!

Miro Sinovcic said...

You are right: such a shame.
I can imagine this building could be full of artist's studios. The same way how artists brought the life in run down Greenwich Village, long tome ago.