December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

26 January 2010

W Jefferson Ave Corner

W Jefferson Ave Corner
Abandoned, Portraits of Detroit #64
SOLD
to a collector in Atlanta, GAoil on linen/panel, 2010, 7x5"
Today's painting is a view of an abandoned corner building in Delray, MI. A painting of sunlight, shadows, graffiti, neglect and blue skies.

Click on image for larger view.
#849

3 comments:

cohen labelle said...

I love the handling of this - it has a celebratory feel to it with the sunlight, jolly blue skies and irreverent graffiti

billspaintingmn said...

As I read your description of this
painting, I have to say it makes me all the more aware of your ability as an artist.
Heart, soul, palette, and hopefully, a toast. Cheers Stephen!

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Marcia and Bill, this one was fun to do I sometimes say these views are paintings waiting to be happen. Always something to see here.