02 January 2010

Mi Central Station, interior detail


Mi Central Station, interior detail 
SOLD
To a collector in Covesville, VA

 oil on linen/panel, 2010, 7x5"
Today's painting is a view inside the abandoned Michigan Central train station. I was really moved by the play of light on the tagged columns. It was serene and exciting at the same time.
I feel this is one of the more successful daily paintings I have done, I hope you like it.

Click on this  link... Mi Central Station 
to see inside this amazing building.
Click on image for larger view.
#825

9 comments:

billspaintingmn said...

Very Good Stephen!
This painting has the color and space to put the viewer in the scene.
I hope to be able to paint this well.

cohen labelle said...

I love it. There’s something to be said for ruins. Great architecture stands up to the onslaughts of time and neglect.

Martin E. O'Connor said...

Very strong work.

Leslie Sealey said...

Beautiful painting- I love the interplay of warm and cool light. I could see this one working as a large painting, too.

Régis Pettinari said...

Very good !!

Edward B. Gordon said...

fantastic ! a very happy 2010 to you my friend !

Stephen Magsig said...

Thank you all and wishing you all a Happy New Year!

SJF said...

This one is a special painting. Great subject and handling of light and shadows.

paintopolis said...

Great! -- Kevin