December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

11 November 2009

Plaster Cakes


Plaster Cakes, Van Dyke Pastry Shop
SOLD
oil on linen/panel, 2009, 5x7"
Today's daily painting is a detail of a display of plaster cakes in the abandoned Van Dyke Pastry Shop on Chene Street in Detroit. A few weeks ago my good friend and artist Jack Summers sent me this photo and told me about the cake display. By the time I got to the shop the cakes were gone. So with his permission I have used his photo for this painting. Thank you very much Jack.
"Let them eat cake"
Click on image for larger view.
#774

1 comment:

DanaJ said...

Very "Early Hopper" in mood.
Like the tones.