December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

23 November 2009

Michigan Central VII

Michigan Central VII

Abandoned, Portraits of Detroit #44
SOLD
To a collector in Bloomfield Hills, MI
 oil on linen/panel, 2009, 7x5"
Today's painting is of the arches inside the abandoned Michigan Central Train Station. I am always shocked at the decay inside this once magnificent building. I used a very limited color palette, cad red, cad yellow, chrome green, cobalt blue and white. I was reading about Monet's palette for the water lily paintings and this is the palette he used.
Click on image for larger view.
#786

1 comment:

Sheila Vaughan said...

Great to be able to see more of your larger works on the new blog Stephen. They look really well !