22 May 2009

River Nocturne III

click here to bid
River Nocturne III
oil on linen/panel, 2009, 7x5"
Click on image for larger view.
This daily painting is a nocturne of the Detroit River from the Detroit side along the riverwalk.


rahina qh said...

Is that Williamsburg's Indigo again? It is so difficult to get certain darks to mix well and bring out certain colours. I was working on blue glass and it had a purplish/reddish/blueish tinge in it and a transparency... goodness did I struggle and eventually give up. r.

Stephen Magsig said...

Yes, it is Williamsburg Indigo, many regular art stores handle Williamsburg paints now. Try them I think you will like them.

Carol H. said...

Hello! I found your blog through Tony Moffit's, I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your work, especially the larger paintings from the galleries. I found your comment on Tony's blog very insightful, and it sounds like you're able to make the situation work for you. I definitely hear you about the time problem with the small paintings cutting into the larger works.