17 April 2009

Prince Street Reflections



Prince Street Reflections
oil on linen, 2009, 30x24""
Click on image for larger view.

As with the last post I could not resist all the contrasts of light and dark, warm and cool, and hard and lost edges in this lower Manhattan building.

The paintings are leaving today. So I hope to be back doing a few small paintings soon.

This painting will be available in the New York show, opening reception: Thursday, April 30th. 6-8 pm at the George Billis Gallery in Chelsea.

Please contact the Gallery for more information
on the large gallery paintings only.


3 comments:

rahina qh said...

another great piece! good luck with the exhibition. it will be good to see some photographs of it on the blog. r.

Gregory Becker said...

Hello Stephen, My name is Gregory Becker. I am an artist in Redford MI. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I really enjoy your work. I love the natural light that you capture. You really have a way of making a normal everyday scene look sublime. It makes me think that your main subject is light itself. I admire that quality.
All the best,
Greg

Stephen Magsig said...

I will post some photos if they turn out. Light and shadow are great subjects, thanks