December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

05 February 2009

Study In Grey


click here to bid
Study In Grey
SOLD
oil on linen/panel, 7"x5"
Click on image for larger view.
Today's daily painting is a view from under the Michigan Central RR Bridge, looking out onto a snowy whiteness. I was interested in the abstract shapes created by the strong contrasts of light and dark
#541

5 comments:

René PleinAir. said...

You should come over to Holland, ... and have a whole winter study of greys, ... aargh!

Nice perspective.

fucoid said...

glad i found your blog and work

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Rene,
I am a big fan of your work, often wonder what your work would look like if you had more sunshine, I like your grey palette and also the lighter work.

Stephen Magsig said...

fucoid, thanks for dropping by. To be young and free with your sense of life, go for it. I really enjoyed your site.

kosstinn said...

"Chicago's Southside" - another good name for this image.