STEPHEN MAGSIG at David Klein Gallery

STEPHEN MAGSIG at David Klein Gallery
at David Klein Gallery

09 August 2008

Downriver Reflections

Today celebrates the one year anniversary of Postcards from Detroit. I would like to thank everyone who has helped make it a successful year. I have met so many wonderful artists and collectors. I hope you have enjoyed the journey as much as I have.


click here to bid
Downriver Reflections
SOLD oil on linen panel, 7"x5"
Click on image for a larger view.
I am still drawn to the vast Industrial areas of Detroit. They are a part of the history of Detroit and America.
#378

6 comments:

A Reason to Paint said...

Congratulations and thank you for sharing; it is always a pleasure to come in and see work.

Sheila Vaughan said...

Congratulations Stephen! You have continued to find buildings and scenes of deep interest socially and economically but more than that interpreted them in such a painterly way.

Julian Merrow-Smith said...

Yes, Stephen, congrats.. the first year's the hardest=, takes a lot of stamina and resilience!

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks, Reason to Paint, it has been so much fun meeting artists like you and Sheila over the last year. I now know artists and collectors from all over the World that I never would have met any other way, Best, Stephen

Stephen Magsig said...

Julian, Your "Postcard from Provence" was the true inspiration for this blog. If it wasn't for you it never would have happened. I have one of your still life painting and look forward to owning a Provence landscape also.
Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot to me. Best Regards, Stephen

Frank Gardner said...

Congratulations Stephen on one year.
You have a great blog and I always enjoy checking up on your work whether I comment or not.
Here's to many more postcards from Detroit.