06 May 2008
McGregor Public Library, SOLD
click here to bid on eBay
McGregor Public Library, oil on linen panel, 7"x5"
Click on image for a larger view.
The closed and boarded-up Beaux Arts McGregor Public Library in late afternoon light. The original site was owned by Katherine Mc Gregor-daughter of lumber baron David Whitney and used as an orphanage for waifs and foundlings. The site was donated to the city of Highland Park for use as a library. It is closed due to budgetary problems. It was built in 1926 by Tilton & Githens