December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

08 May 2008

John R & Montana, SOLD

click here to bid on eBay
John R & Montana, oil on linen panel, 7"x5"
Click on image for a larger view.
Beautiful corner storefront at John R & Montana St.

MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT

Michigan Central Depot, 60"x42" Oil on linen
The latest painting for my show that opens this Saturday, May 10, 5-8 pm
at the David Klein Gallery.
If you are in the area please stop by and say hi.
#289

7 comments:

Frank Gardner said...

I wish I was in the area so I could see the show. These have got to be killer in person.
Good luck with the show.

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Frank, I wish you could see them too. They are much more painterly than they look on the screen. It will be nice to have a little more time to spend reading and visiting sites like yours. I just read the post on when is a painting finished. Great post and I look forward to reading more, I enjoy your thoughts and knowledge of painting and the arts in general. Wish we could go out and paint together sometime. Steve

Frank Gardner said...

I'd like that. Maybe we can work it out some time.
Thanks for the kind comments about my blog.
I have been away from the blogs a bit too the past few weeks, but I have been trying to catch up.

Ambera said...

I wish I could see the show as well. I really look forward to visiting your blog on a daily basis, your paintings have such a range and great stories.

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Ambera, I will try to post some photos next week of the opening.

This Painting Life said...

Hope the opening goes well, the paintings look great that you've blogged for the show, so am confident that it will be a fabulous success!

Don Gray said...

Wonderful painting, Steve. I can feel the cool air and hear the echo steps would make in those vast, stone-hard spaces. The graffiti is such a poignant touch but, strangely enough, somehow in character with the building.

Best of luck for a great show!