28 May 2008

Empire State Building Nocturne, SOLD


click here to bid on eBay
Empire State Building Nocturne, oil on linen panel, 7"x5"
Click on image for a larger view
We are back in Detroit after a long evening, we sat on the tarmac at La Guardia for almost 4 hours waiting for storms to pass. This post is my way of saying good night New York. Tomorrow I will be back posting Detroit images. The New York images have been received very well and I may continue to do a few along with the Detroit images. We have been subletting the same loft in lower Manhattan now for 15 years and it is like our home away from home. Our trip was very successful, we saw friends, lots of art and shot lots of photo ref and walked and walked and walked. It will take a few days for our feet to recover.
#309

2 comments:

Cooper Dragonette said...

Glad to hear you had a great time Stephen. The paintings thus far are dynamite. Wish I could have gotten to your show. I'm going to send my mother as my agent next weekend when she visits. Your depiction of "night" is inspiring.
Best, Cooper

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks Cooper,
Quite a few people think the show is in NY, this show is at the David Klein Gallery,
in Birmingham, MI. not New York