December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

20 January 2008

The Detroit Alphabet, letter "A", SOLD




click here to bid on eBay
The Detroit Alphabet, letter "A", oil on linen panel, 7"x5"
This is the fourth letter painting in the Detroit Alphabet series. I would like to do a painting of all the letters based on vintage sign-age in Detroit. When the complete Detroit Alphabet is done I would like to make books from the series. I just got Duane Keiser's book published by Blurb and it is very nicely done. I am also planning on doing a book of maybe 100-120 images from 2007 Postcards from Detroit images. This will have to wait a while as I need to update computer systems before I can start. I will keep everyone informed of the progress. Feedback on doing the books would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Back to the studio.

12 comments:

Ambera said...

Incredible three-dimensionality to this one. Very bold and strong compostion!

Anonymous said...

Also, I think it would be a marvelous idea to publish a collection: I had no interest in Detroit prior to finding your blog, now I find the city and its history visually fascinating! I'm a big fan of this blog, and like many artists, I have a lot of art books. Postcards from Detroit would be an awesome addition to my collection.

Alvin Richard said...

Genius idea, who knew a letter A could look so good!

A Reason to Paint said...

This is a cool painting and I would love to see a book of your work - with nice big pics :)

m collier said...

The book sounds like a great idea. Would give those who have never been to Detroit a glimpse. Really like your "Letter Series".

Jason Waskey said...

I would buy a Blurb book of your images.

So, that's at least one sale right there.

Simon Andrews said...

I love that painting!

Anne Campbell said...

Superb painting. Book sounds excellent idea - just do some casual research with bookshops as to how they think such a book will take on. More paintings of letters please....!

Frank Gardner said...

I think a book is a good idea Stephen. I also downloaded Blurb to make a book or two and found that my mac needs a newer version of Java that I can't seem to find for my system.
Love the letters.

jim fisher said...

I think the books are a great idea, Steve! Please, do them!!

Stephen Magsig said...

Thanks everyone for the support. I also need to update my Java. The books would not go to bookstores, they would be sold from my blog. A link takes you to Blurb and you order them. Take a look at Duane Keiser's blog, he has a link to buy his book. He is in my links section.

Deborah Paris said...

Another great letter, Stephen. Pitch perfect.