December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

25 October 2007

Michigan Palace Theatre SOLD

click here to bid on eBay
Michigan Palace Theatre, oil on linen panel, 7"X5"
This painting is in direct response to the talk about John Singer Sargent on the Daily Painters Discussion Group.
"Scuolo di San Rocco, is a moody oil painting in a similar palette as this. I usually work more with light and shadow and stronger value shifts. I enjoyed doing this more limited value painting. It is inside the historic Michigan Palace Theatre
that is currently used as a parking garage

4 comments:

Deborah Paris said...

I love this. Yes- very moody and the reflection is beautiful. Also really like the Brush building piece. Nice use of shadow and light. Very quiet.

Susan Klabak said...

Steve, I am loving your postcards...I really like the reflection in this one. Your work is outstanding and very inspiring....

Candy Barr said...

Just dreamy.. Beautiful piece Steve. So atmospheric under a bridge and water..

Mark Landes said...

I can fee the coolness of the night and city. Very nice.