December Sale 20% off all items

I am offering a 20% Holiday discount on all items in my Postcards from Detroit Store until Dec 20th Please use discount code: DECSALE2014 at checkout. Good til Dec. 20th


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

30 October 2007

Detroit Blues 06, SOLD

click here to bid on eBay
Detroit Blues 06, oil on linen panel, 7"x5"
The sixth in the Detroit Blues series of Detroit paintings. The sharp contrast of light and shadow really caught my eye on this little Detroit scene.



















Alley o1, oil, 22"x18"
This painting was done by my Aunt, Justine Magsig. She has been inspired by my blog of daily paintings to take up the brush again. She is a terrific painter. This alley is in the small town I grew up in.
She gave me my first and only real fine art training when I was a ten year old farm kid. She helped inspire me to become an artist. Wonderful how the circle continues. She still lives on Sugar Creek with her husband Calvin.

2 comments:

Deborah Paris said...

Wow! What a lovely piece by your aunt. She needs to get her own blog...:) Your blues piece is terrific- love the contrast and color harmony.

Don Gray said...

I am enthralled by that little bit of blue cornice catching the sunlight, next to the red chimney. The whole painting breathes because of the rightness of that touch. Art lives on such ephemeral things.