11 September 2007

Detroit Nocturne #1 SOLD


click here to bid on eBay
Detroit Nocturne #1, oil on linen panel, 5"x7"
Another building in Detroit that doesn't exsist any longer. Detroit has the habit of tearing down rather than fixing or restoring. I am glad I took a lot of photos of Detroit from the 80's to today.
This is from a shoot taken with a good friend and artist Mark Arminski in 1987. It started me doing urban landscapes.
To record what was happening in our city. I am still using photos from that shoot.

2 comments:

gmerrill said...

7 sisters foot of St. Jean?
Merrill

Stephen Magsig said...

Hi Geoff,
I think this is the old power plant down river near Lug Island that was torn down, I have painted 7 sisters it is upriver north of St Clair Shores. Thanks for looking and please pass on to anyone you think might be interested.